Friday, July 22, 2011

A Special Day

I have been holding onto these Bo Bunny Timepiece papers and these Dusty Attic Cogs because I was planning to scrap something of my boys. But NO, look what I did with them!!!



It sounds a bit odd but I had an idea in my head but didn't know exactly how or what.......LOL. So I just started cutting and went from there, I cut the diecut into three pieces, stuck the first down (the ornate frame of the diecut) then stitched some lace all the way around. The 'middle' piece of the diecut has some Distress Crackle paint and I used 3D tape to adhere it to my layout. The 'centre' piece I adhered and added some muslin, my photo, a clock and our wedding date. Everything is inked and to finish it off I added some Prima and a Kaisercraft flower with a Dusty Attic butterfly and of course my cogs, a bit of sparkle to my butterfly and some dimensional pearls to my layout. I had fun with my chippies again so here are some close ups.







So I am really happy how this turned out and I had heaps of fun to! Thank you for popping by and for your lovely comments, hope you have a fabulous weekend :)

6 comments:

  1. Stunning!!!!!! This is so beautiful Colleen.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Colleen, how stunning is this, ingenious cutting into 3, and the finish on the butterfly makes it look metalic, those cogs and the adorable flower cluster just gorgeous, how did you manage to be such an amazing card maker and scrapper, I just cannot do both, cards are super hard for me, I love the photo and the date to the side looks super amazing too. Melxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow how beautiful . this a special work of art

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning LO Colleen.. ADORE the vintage feel, your fantastic layering and all those gorgeous flowers!! You know I have a weakness for flowers and your clusters are just perfect!! Have a lovely weekend :)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - this is amazing! You are so clever - such exquisite detail and such a lovely style you have! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. another stunning layout - your work never ceases to amaze me - love, love, love it!

    ReplyDelete